Invest in a Connected Digital Experiences Platform and Keep Your Global (and Local) Brand on Point
Digital transformation is a journey, not a destination. The path to digital success is not simple. It is an infinite loop.
They say, the best place to hide a dead body, is the 2nd page of Google Search Results. So how do modern marketers build a marketing technology stack that helps them better manage their content creation, distribution and personalized marketing outreach programs so their brand does not end up in Google’s graveyard?
A Digital Asset Management (DAM) software is a critical component of the marketing technology stack because it helps you put in place an efficient digital supply chain. Many thought leaders chime in on the quantity versus quality content argument. Marketers are trying to find the right balance.
Thus, a robust DAM system consolidates multiple media repositories for greater control, collaboration, and visibility of valuable media and brand assets so you can better engage audiences and customers across multiple channels and devices. Therefore, in order to get a better hold over your brand marketing and creative assets
- Maintain a single source of truth in a DAM
- Create a centralized repository of all digital assets – logos, images, photos, videos, audio files and more!
- Organize assets and update latest versions
- Repurpose existing content to create new variations
- Control roles, users and permissions
Your multi-channel marketing partners – web producers, email and social marketers, ad agencies and channel partners – depend on your daily supply of brand guidelines compliant digital media.
Great content is no good, if not well promoted. You produce it, but they are the ones who go to the town with it!
Hence, ask: Does your DAM facilitate an easy distribution and workflow of digital assets when you’re inundated by internal and external requests?
Now, there are two modes of digital assets distribution:
– Self-service: Your video, web and print marketing management teams may need regular access to brand assets and product photography or a member of the PR agency may make one-time request for corporate photos. Here, a self-service distribution model will allow them anytime-anywhere access.
– Creative workflow management: If you have a creative team that needs to edit your digital assets to adapt to content to different regional and local campaigns, then you’ll need a built-in creative workflow functionality. Under this approach, the DAM system facilitates requests by providing the creative editors with a mechanism to contact the content manager for review and approval before distributing the finalized content.
Therefore, in a distributed marketing environment you can better consolidate and communicate a consistent brand strategy by investing in a combination of Digital Asset Management (Eg. OpenText) and Creative Operations Management system (Eg. Mediawide) that gives you both the distribution options depending on the situation.
Personalization (1-to-1 v/s 1-to-Many)
Marketers are always over-engineering and overthinking to themselves how to make more or better content, and as Ryan Skinner, Senior Analyst at Forrester points out, it is usually the wrong question. The right question is, “How do I get my content in front of the right people?”
If you are a global brand engaging in multi-channel marketing and producing local marketing campaigns, then the most appropriate question to ask is, “How do I get the right content in front of the right people?”
That is when a plug and play creative operations management software like Mediawide comes handy!
Mediawide seamlessly integrates with some of the world’s major DAM systems like OpenText and more, and it is the only marketing technology that supports your adaptation, localization and personalization needs across all media – video, digital and print.
By building the right marketing technology stack you can keep your global (and local) brand on point, harness its value in your digital transformation journey and move your company forward.
To see how Mediawide and OpenText play from one team visit our pod at the OpenText Enterprise World 2018 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto, CA from July 10-12, 2018. Also, do not miss our breakout session where Ravi Dugal, President at Mediawide and I will discuss how Creative Management Operations can be executed within OpenText Media Management, to create immersive, localized, and personalized digital and print experiences for consumers.
Stop by and say hello! Let us show you a demo of Mediawide personalized video, digital and print tools in action.
Glenn is the VP of Technology and responsible for enterprise sales, client engagement, and Channel Marketing with leading Creative Operations, Marketing Automation, and Co-Op/MDF program administration firms in the US, Canada and UK.