Keeping your data secure at Mediawide is extremely important to us. As part of our ongoing commitment to cybersecurity, we’re very pleased to announce that Mediawide has achieved certification to the UK government’s Cyber Essentials scheme.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cybersecurity industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Our certification marks another step on our journey of continuous security improvement and adds a level of external, independent assurance that we’re doing the right things to help protect our systems and services.
For more information about the Cyber Essentials Certification process, please visit https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/cyberessentials/overview.